Search the forum,

Discuss good quality, light colour, bathroom floor tile wanted/needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RichTile

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could give me any reconsiderations on a good quality, light coloured floor tile in for my bathroom.
The room is going to be painted a fresh mint green with tiles on floor and bath edging.

Many thanks,

R

RichTile

Many thanks for help guys!
I just noted the following from a popular auction site 'Tumbled Classic Light Travertine Pattern Floor Tiles '. Just the sort of thing I've been looking for.
I imagine these will be harder to lay then normal tiles? Anyone used similar before? I presume there is a pattern you follow?
I will speak to my tiler about this.

T

Time's Ran Out

Natural Stone require different cutting tools, preparation and finishing - but well worth the effort.
Use a lighter coloured grout to compliment the stone (Jasmin/limestone/beige) and bring out the tones of the sediments.
Check his portfolio and ask all the right questions and above all be happy that he is going to enjoy doing the work.

R

Rich

I couldn't agree more with John above. Tiling with natural stone is a completely different animal to tiling with man made tiles. You will need to get a tiler who is experienced in using it. I would ask him to explain how he is going to use the stone, ask him to explain the process of tiling the floor and then let us know what he intends to do, we will be happy to make sure that he is going to do it right :thumbsup:

R

RichTile

Many thanks guys, will let you know :)

So is a different grout and adhesive also required then normal tiles?

Many thanks,

R

RichTile

Guys what would be a suitable size ply to use for a 10mm tile (ply to be used over chipboard).
I ask as I am measuring up and need to get the levels right for the attaching room - would really appreciate any help on this.

R

Rich

You you are going to use ply then it needs to be a min of 15mm boil and water proof ply. Stagger the boards and seal the underside and the edges and also leave a 2-3mm gap between the boards. The other option would be to use a cement board over the top of the chipboard, ply really isnt a very good substrate to tile straight on to. Have a read through the link below for a little more info.

[h=3]Plywood floors...[/h]

R

RichTile

Cheers Rich! Very helpful.

Just read that guide, made me think about asking the tiler to use a cement backer board now instead.
My only concern is I have chipboard down which sit above the joyce. Are cement boards ok in this situation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to good quality, light colour, bathroom floor tile wanted/needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen