Search the forum,

Discuss genesis tile cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jason35

just got a new dry cutter its a genesis super pro Has anyone used them before or even heard of them? any comments woiuld be apprecciated jay

B

brian c

Ok m8,the cutters are ok m8 but there is better out there.I have one myself and they are good for doing cuts od the diamond and the breaking mechanism is good but it does struggle a little when it comes across thick porcelain tiles as the bars start to bend,this is what i have found anyway m8 but they are good for starting off with.

J

Jason35

thanks for that brian m8 it will have to do until i get enough jobs to pay for a better wan cheers bud mone the gers!:hurray::thumbsup:

B

brian c

Im sure it will be fine m8 ,mine is still going no probs,cant really fault it except for the breaking of thick tiles as i said.

C

charlie1

YIP, THE BARS BENT A BIT AS BRI SAYS WHEN IT TACKLES THICK PORC BUT IT WILL GET YOU BY FOR THE FIRST YEAR OR 2. Ideal cutter when startin out.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
I think most cutters are going to struggle with thick porcelain and some porcelain is so dense that any dry cutter wont break it, the key i find in breaking porcelain is in the deep score line and a quick snap

Reply to genesis tile cutters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen