Search the forum,

Discuss General Tiling Question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello, 1st time tiling job coming up. Old bathroom suite is ripped out and now ready to tile. Watched loads of how to videos and ready to give it a go. I have a question with regards to the bath. The bathtub is just your standard tub with front cover. The question is can I lay floor tiles to cover the whole room? Or do I install the bath first then lay the floor tiles. And any other tips for a first timer would help greatly. Thanks.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hello, 1st time tiling job coming up. Old bathroom suite is ripped out and now ready to tile. Watched loads of how to videos and ready to give it a go. I have a question with regards to the bath. The bathtub is just your standard tub with front cover. The question is can I lay floor tiles to cover the whole room? Or do I install the bath first then lay the floor tiles. And any other tips for a first timer would help greatly. Thanks.
I would install the bath first.
make sure the floorboards ( assuming timber floor ) etc are all secured and as deflection free as possible, board floor with Hardibacker and tile. Hardibacker installation vids are on you tube.

Reply to General Tiling Question in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen