Discuss Floor Screeding in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MSB Tiling

Took a kitchen floor up yesterday, after taking all the tiles up and adhesive it was clear to see the floor was no near level. (Concrete Floor)

Ive bought some SLC but it gets to a stage where it is 20mm thick going to 40mm thick over a 2.4m length.

Ive got a bit of advice saying that i can use sand and cement to screed that bit.

What i was wondering was what ratio should I use, and im guessing the mix should be quite dry, is this correct?

Thanks MSB Tiling.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

20mm to 40mm is to thin for sand and cement screed imo 65mm is about right. You can get fiber slc that will go from 2mm to 50mm in one pour (Level Flex by TA is one) Good luck:thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I agree with Phil. Sand cement would fall to bits at that depth. You could use SLC with fibres.....some do allow you to bulk them out with silica sand to allow you to use less SLC if cost is a problem whcih I can imagine it is at that sort of depth.

S

Spud

I would modify the sand and cement by mixing ronafix through it i have screeded as thin as 1/2 inch with sand and cement using this and is been great and its much cheaper than using leveling compound too

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ronacrete is a drying admixture isn't it? how will that assist with flexural strength?? You could do it with SBR - unless Ronacrete is SBR - but even then 20mm is pretty thin.

S

Spud

Ronacrete is a drying admixture isn't it? how will that assist with flexural strength?? You could do it with SBR - unless Ronacrete is SBR - but even then 20mm is pretty thin.
sorry Alan you are right its the ronacrete i was thinking of works great down to 1/2 inch

W

White Room

As Gary, the thinner you screed you need a finer sharp sand.

Or get the pre bagged stuff Screeds

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Floor Screeding in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We are currently at the planning stage for a floor with bifold windows and wet underfloor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had a small kitchen extension built a couple of years ago. The new sand and cement screed...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22