Search the forum,

Discuss floor screeding info in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That website should be BANNED for it's flagrant abuse of fact most especially in relation to its flowing screed section. Some of the ridiculous comments made are quite preposterous and some of the claims have remained unsubstantiated despite several requests for case details. I know of at least 2 major screed suppliers who supply both flowing and dry screeds have asked the owner to modify some of his comments and to remove others altogether. Screeding information my eye more like screeding propoganda...........

G

Gazzer

That website should be BANNED for it's flagrant abuse of fact most especially in relation to its flowing screed section. Some of the ridiculous comments made are quite preposterous and some of the claims have remained unsubstantiated despite several requests for case details. I know of at least 2 major screed suppliers who supply both flowing and dry screeds have asked the owner to modify some of his comments and to remove others altogether. Screeding information my eye more like screeding propoganda...........

Oooops

R

Rich

I have put up a few info posts that have touched on screeds and it seems to be a bit of a spikey subject, the info seems to be hard to get hold of and when you do a lot of it seems to be wrong.

Can you recommend the best place to get the right info Alan? It is very important stuff and something that very few of us know as well as we should (inside and out).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

I have just reading the flowing screed section and see where Alan is coming from..

S

Spud

flow screeds can be problematic for tilers and do need to be handled with greater care when installing tiles on to them that said they are extremely popular in Europe on residential jobs,I did find that the bathrooms were often screeded in sand and cement even if the rest of the floors were anhydrite due to the fact gypsum screeds dont take water well

Reply to floor screeding info in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen