Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Floor adhesive not dry after a week in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
C
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Thanks. Unfortunately, he absolutely wasn’t the cheapest quotation we had. He was the most expensive. We employed a plumber to do the job, but when he arrived he said he’d subcontracted the plastering and tile to a colleague of his who would be better at it. Then when the plasterer arrived, he told us he’d also subcontracted the tile to a colleague of his who would be better at it..So right now, they’re all blaming the other one. They’re all on the main websites and have good reviews. I don’t know what went wrong this time. Miscommunication between them and no one taking full responsibility, I think.

D

Dumbo

Thanks. Unfortunately, he absolutely wasn’t the cheapest quotation we had. He was the most expensive. We employed a plumber to do the job, but when he arrived he said he’d subcontracted the plastering and tile to a colleague of his who would be better at it. Then when the plasterer arrived, he told us he’d also subcontracted the tile to a colleague of his who would be better at it..So right now, they’re all blaming the other one. They’re all on the main websites and have good reviews. I don’t know what went wrong this time. Miscommunication between them and no one taking full responsibility, I think.
Did you get the plumber through the website

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Absolutely not a tiler in any shape or form, seems none of the trades you have had in for that job have any knowledge, pride or shame. The sad things is even if you left them bad feedback it would likely be removed and they would continue on as these sights live in fear of folk not wanting to pay subscription fees and cancelling their membership

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I got him through checkatrade, but he's also on trustedtraders.which.co.uk as is the plasterer/tiler.

Avoid those sites like the plague.

The odd person on there is good. Most are bad. Feedback is questionably false. Very troublesome websites.

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When i say that :pointup:, it comes from knowing of someone that was left bad feedback and it was removed from the threat of them cancelling their membership

Joshjupp

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Oh dear that’s not good I take it he used tubbed https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ on the wall tiles as well probably the only thing holding them up is grout and gravity

OP
C
Reaction score
Ah crap. This all sounds worse than I’d feared. Just had a shower and discovered that’s leaking too.
We’ve paid the plumber just over half of his estimate already but that includes what he quoted us for the materials (although he’s clearly made a bit of profit out of that) and about £185 for labour. We haven’t actually paid the plasterer and tiler anything yet. I’ve just emailed the plumber with a list of things that need doing but I’m really not sure we want to get the original plasterer and tiler back to try and fix this given what you’re all saying.
Are the wall tiles really that dodgy? There doesn’t seem to be any movement in them yet, but the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ is supposed to be for tiles up to 300x300mm and the ones he’s fitted are 300x600mm.

Joshjupp

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Such a shame and personally I very rarely use tubbed https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and if I do it would only be for metro tile splashbacks and never used it on porcelain tiles i just noticed your based in Kent where abouts I'm in maidstone and could take a look if you wanted

OP
C
Reaction score
Such a shame and personally I very rarely use tubbed https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and if I do it would only be for metro tile splashbacks and never used it on porcelain tiles i just noticed your based in Kent where abouts I'm in maidstone and could take a look if you wanted
Thanks, I’m in Canterbury.
[automerge]1577054157[/automerge]
I’ve had a chat with by partner, and yes, we’d love you to take a look if it’s not too far out for you.

Last edited:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I do think you should take up the offer of a second look. By the sound/looks of it, a complete rip out and start Again is the only real option. Obviously what you don’t want to hear.......but I think you need to cut your losses, and don’t pay for any of the other clowns work.

Joshjupp

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks, I’m in Canterbury.
[automerge]1577054157[/automerge]

I’ve had a chat with by partner, and yes, we’d love you to take a look if it’s not too far out for you.
Of course that’s fine give me a call tomorrow and we’ll sort something out if I don’t answer leave a voicemail and I’ll get back to you as I’m working tomorrow my number is 07874069426 thanks

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Bloody disgrace!

I think there should be a website naming and shaming all the bodging chancers that seem to be lurking in every town across the country.

Reply to Floor adhesive not dry after a week in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock