Search the forum,

Discuss Edging is not level with Tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill

Are you sure this is a tiler's job? I think not. Is it a commercial job?

For a start a tiler would not allow this type of finish on treads and risers.

You only have yourself to blame.

W

White Room

Are you sure this is a tiler's job? I think not. Is it a commercial job?

For a start a tiler would not allow this type of finish on treads and risers.

You only have yourself to blame.

Why do you make that assumption about being a commercial job ?

B

Bill

Thanks Captain Obvious, couldn't have figured it out without you. ;)
Hey, you didn't do your homework before hand when choosing this 'tiler' to do your job so don't expect much sympathy from professionals on here.

Yes, we may offer you advice on how to resolve the issue but you must hold your hand up and admit you goofed too. That way you may find you may get much more sensitive help.

We are not pro's for nothing - as my Dad said, 'you can't buy experience, you earn it son.'

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd get it ripped out and a tiler in. It'll need prepping properly first though.

What room is it in? I mean like, what's it going to be used for?

A

AndyR

Its the front entry with a step down into the living room.

I glued and screwed plywood down for a subfloor under the tiles, its pretty solid.

Reply to Edging is not level with Tile in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen