Discuss Dural Durabase C++ Matting Or Schluter Ditra Matting? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick poll!

Dural Durabase C++ Matting or Schluter Ditra Matting?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think when Wetdecs were selling it we had an influx of people using it but in all recent pictures I've only ever seen the Schluter orange. So I guess it's come down in price a little with the competition or something?

Reaction score
ditra for me, I used to use dural until they had the problem with it delaminating, I know that's been resolved now but I kinda lost faith in it after that.

blimey, that was a looooooong time ago Doug........

put it like this, we sold in excess of 7000m2 last year of CI++, probably more the year before that, and the again the previous 2 years.....

We have had not 1 single come back on CI++ for over 4 years.

D

Dougs Third Go

put it like this, we sold in excess of 7000m2 last year of CI++, probably more the year before that, and the again the previous 2 years.....

that's good to hear Lee, it was quite a stressful event when I had a failure with it, wouldn't want anyone else to go through it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

It is actually good to hear that coming from a supplier of it.

Pretty sure teething problems were to blame and the few jobs that went belly up would have been awesome jobs for their tech guys to dig their nails into. Quite possibly literally.

Reaction score
that's good to hear Lee, it was quite a stressful event when I had a failure with it, wouldn't want anyone else to go through it.

Yep, it wasnt a great time to be selling it either Doug i can assure you, but had faith in Dural that they would sort all issues, and i believe they did and more.

J

J Sid

Some of us have long memories.
I said I would never buy another Datsun, we now have one under its new name.
Give us time Lee, we may try them again sometime ;)

alan71

TF
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me I had one of the faulty membranes fitted. Dural was a complete nightmare! Whilst they said they would put everything right they did not, I had a meeting with their managing director who verbally abused me in my own home and continued to shout insults at me as he went down my street back to his car. Formal letters of complaint where met with arrogant replies inviting me to sue them! If only I had the money I would have loved to. So in my experience Dural should be avoided at all costs. It's easily the worst company I have ever dealt with.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ditra all day long for me. I've used four different mats all purchased by the customer/designer themselves and the cost difference has been minimal, one blue one I used last year looked like it had a coat of cotton wool on either side
so why stray from something that has been about for donkeys and does what it says on the tin

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I voted dural although I have used both just more Dural then ditra. I completely understand why anyone who suffered when dural had their problem would never touch it again.

O

Old Mod

I do like the added mesh on Dural I must admit, and it works well.
I just prefer Schluter products in general, so tend to sick with Ditra!

A

Adam Marsh

We use both on a regular basis and touch wood never had issues with either.
At the end of the day we are all here to earn money so it just comes down to cost for me, and CI is the cheaper of the 2!

Reply to Dural Durabase C++ Matting Or Schluter Ditra Matting? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks