Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Dry cutting porcelain tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

One Day

I found the Florim I fixed recently to be very soft and "chippy" if that makes sense.
Beautiful finish though - imagine uneven, polished marble - and sized 100% perfectly.
There was no evidence of what Ray suggests with the Florim, but I think he's right about many other "porcelains".

I

Italy

I found the Florim I fixed recently to be very soft and "chippy" if that makes sense.
Beautiful finish though - imagine uneven, polished marble - and sized 100% perfectly.
There was no evidence of what Ray suggests with the Florim, but I think he's right about many other "porcelains".
, but I think he's right about many other "porcelains"........
certainly, there are many more those the type (clinker), it is not clear, if they are single firing or porcelain.
But on the ***, they wrote: porcelain tiles

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

some times the world is driven by money a few years back some clever people worked out if you turn the
heat down by 2 degrees on processed beef you could save fortune on production the end result was
mad cows disease .well i think these accountants are now working in the tile industry and have
come up with mad tile disease .when the tile hits the fast fire kiln .the heat and speed and the Martial have
to all be spot on.3 degrees ever way you have a problem .5 seconds ever way you have a problem .now add
clinker to the mix now it comes down to heads or tails . heads they win tails you loose

O

One Day

...and the industry sets it's own standards so if they say it's ok - then it's ok.

Imagine if we as independant fixers or retailers set the standards...

Then they really would have to make things properly.

Reply to Dry cutting porcelain tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks