Discuss Dry cutter thread....for use with polished porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

Definitely keep it clean....
Problem i had was I started to use wd40 this attracts the dust and stops the handle sliding effiently ......so I have to keep spraying it to get it to work....
But as there 20 year old cutter's, I'm not going to beat myself up over it..
When I buy yours off you though, for a rock bottom price, I will take better care of them..;)
Amen,

1animal1

When I buy yours off you though, for a rock bottom price, I will take better care of them..;)

It's not the Rock bottom price you should be excited about - it's the care and precision that i will take in packing the cutter for it's safe journey. Has to add a good few £'s to the final plice.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

1animal1

Just ordered the Sigma - can't wait for my new tool to turn up :D

Whilst ordering my tiles, the chaps were singing the praises of the one they stock, unbranded thing about 4 foot long and a huge handle on it - they were saying it cuts the shops porcelain with ease for only £90! Is this likely? I'm not going back on the Sigma as I think you get what you pay for - just astounded it could do what they say for such little outlay... after everything i've read.

W

White Room

Just ordered the Sigma - can't wait for my new tool to turn up :D

Whilst ordering my tiles, the chaps were singing the praises of the one they stock, unbranded thing about 4 foot long and a huge handle on it - they were saying it cuts the shops porcelain with ease for only £90! Is this likely? I'm not going back on the Sigma as I think you get what you pay for - just astounded it could do what they say for such little outlay... after everything i've read.

Probably got a load sitting on the shelves and can't shift them.

1animal1

Must admit, that's what I thought. Kinda got the feeling they were dismissing what I was saying to them so didn't venture into the realm of asking how good it was at cutting 10mm pieces off the 600's...

F

Flintstone

I've been having a few issues with my sigma recently the handle jamming on the rail when sliding it back towards you, also the breaker on the max handle a little harder to flick down, i am close to spraying with wd40 now

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been having a few issues with my sigma recently the handle jamming on the rail when sliding it back towards you, also the breaker on the max handle a little harder to flick down, i am close to spraying with wd40 now
Start a new thread for this you will get some help. @Sigma UK may even reply

O

Old Mod

Drop the rail off Andy, wipe the bar and inside the handle with steel wool mate and buff with dry cloth.
You truly don't need to lube it.
The breaker feet and wheel are the only parts you should oil.

1animal1

It's a lovely bit of kit but I hit my first problem the other day too, trying to cut 15mm off a porcelain tile... It obviously snapped and made a slight nick on the metal base bar... The bit between the plates, the snap line?... I tried a few scrap pieces, all of which broke up... Then I tried cracking a bit more confidently as I had before and all resolved. Amazed at how being gentle can actually be more detrimental to the cut

D

Dumbo

It's a lovely bit of kit but I hit my first problem the other day too, trying to cut 15mm off a porcelain tile... It obviously snapped and made a slight nick on the metal base bar... The bit between the plates, the snap line?... I tried a few scrap pieces, all of which broke up... Then I tried cracking a bit more confidently as I had before and all resolved. Amazed at how being gentle can actually be more detrimental to the cut
Watch the videos they smack the handle

1animal1

I watched a couple but the chap definitely held it rather than hit. Will I get a better cut smacking the handle?

Reply to Dry cutter thread....for use with polished porcelain in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks