Discuss Drilling a heavy stone resin shower tray using diamond bit in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
Some manufacturers shower doors. Especially, the frameless ones, need a positive fixing into the tray.
On a stone resin tray a normal masonry bit will be fine. Put a spot of silicone over the wall plug before screwing down. Whichever way you "might" invalidate the guarantee of the tray if you drill it, or invalidate the screen warranty, if you don't fasten it fully down .
Personally I would fix the screen properly.

W

what

I had a proper look at the instructions with my glasses on. The instructions are purely diagrammatic and it appears that there are two alternatives one using rawl plugs for going into a wet room type of floor I think and one which uses a a thin 2.8mm drill bit which the uses a self tapping screw for fitting on a shower tray. The shower and base where supplied together so i am assuming I can use latter method in my situation.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Drilling a heavy stone resin shower tray using diamond bit in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I have been doing a lot of research as to which is the best tanking product to use on...
Replies
Views
D
http://youtu.be/BxFUT2sH7rw Introducing PORSADRILL turbo cores. Faster drilling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
As promised. Fitted a Kudos, Aqua4MA tray former today. this was fitted to a newly laid 18 mm...
Replies
Views
D
At 365Drills we are always improving and this year (2012) we turn our attention to the most...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB