Search the forum,

Discuss Dickies Workwear for Tilers? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

i use, jeans cofra and scruffs (Recommended by andyallen)
scruffs keep warm.
Free knee pads all

B

Bill

Their pants didn't last 400 weeks either .... they had 50 blokes with 4 pairs each over 2 years,,, I buy, roughly, two pairs of Aldi ones a year so by my testing - it is exactly the same ratio but for half the cost - win win .

F

Flintstone

Those cheap dickies and other cheap work trousers are rubbish, I wear dickies Eisenhower work trousers, worth the extra money

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have the snickers floor layer? ones, supposed to have a bit of Kevlar in the knee section/pocket part.
Expensive but worth it. Come with big thick comfy knee pads, which go inside each leg.
Have wore them over two years and not a mark on them, ok ok OK maybe a tube of silicone but no wear and tear.
I also do a lot of wooden floors so spend a fair bit of time on my knees, which was I paid the money for them.

J

J Sid

I have the snickers floor layer? ones, supposed to have a bit of Kevlar in the knee section/pocket part.
Expensive but worth it. Come with big thick comfy knee pads, which go inside each leg.
Have wore them over two years and not a mark on them, ok ok OK maybe a tube of silicone but no wear and tear.
I also do a lot of wooden floors so spend a fair bit of time on my knees, which was I paid the money for them.
I bought those ones because of the Kevlar knee's, went though them in under 2 month's, worst buy ever. :(

O

One Day

I bought those ones because of the Kevlar knee's, went though them in under 2 month's, worst buy ever. :(

Snickers floorlayers aren't kevlar knees - it's just cordura with a bit of kevlar in the mix and it doesn't last long if you're dragging your knees around on rough concrete!
If I'd gone through a pair in 8 weeks I'd be sending them back... Mine normally last a year or so - 2 pairs on rotation.

(Still the best knee pads / trouser combo though)

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Snickers floorlayers aren't kevlar knees - it's just cordura with a bit of kevlar in the mix and it doesn't last long if you're dragging your knees around on rough concrete!
If I'd gone through a pair in 8 weeks I'd be sending them back... Mine normally last a year or so - 2 pairs on rotation.

Yup if I remember there's about one percent or less of Kevlar in them, bit of a gimmick tbh

J

J Sid

yes, was 2 months laying floors. But if I was fixing wall tiles for 2 years to I would be happy with them as well;)

Reply to Dickies Workwear for Tilers? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen