Search the forum,

Discuss Damp grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

penno

Had my kitchen done in a tumbled marble last year by a company (before i could tile) and have a little problem. I have noticed that 2 of the tiles behind my cooker hob, the grout line between them is damp. The area is nowhere near the sink etc. Been damp for about a week now and i cant work it out, behind the wall is the neighbours house.
thx
mat

D

DHTiling

Sounds like there could be a leak behind the tiles....requires further investigation i think....dry the joints with a hairdryer and if they wet back up then you need to pop some tiles off to see whats the cause of it...

Reply to Damp grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen