Search the forum,

Discuss cutting down doors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve9999

is there a tool on the market for cutting down doors with the door still on its hinge, so that i dont have to take the door off to cut it down to size, if so are they any good and whats the price and suplier.

thanks

steve

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:
M

Mr T

lol I suppose if you can predict the exact height you are going to come up to before tiling it would be very handy and cut cut your door trimming charge

P

prceramics

[DLMURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3pQplY3qIA"]Cut a Door?The Goof-Proof Way - YouTube[/DLMURL]

this way is great i use a cheap wicks curclia saw with the blade it came with = perfect results

Last edited by a moderator:
I

ian158

Be careful when the blade exits the end..i normally pin a piece off wood to prevent chipping as it exits the end..especially on cheap panelled doors that have soft wood carcass.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Bit overkill isn't it? My Ryobi power plane cost me around 60 quid and has adjustment of 1mm to 5mm. If the door needs more off than that I used a handsaw first, plane then manually sand with a block to smooth off and remove sharp edges.

Reply to cutting down doors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen