Discuss Cutter For 600's in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Got a job coming up with 600 x 600 polished porcelain - current Rubi cutter only goes to 500 so need an upgrade.

So today I popped into CTD and he had two Sigmas in stock, a 3B2 and a 3B3M (I think) he reckoned that the 3B2 would not cut as well as the other as it had a fixed breaker foot, ie, the max would cut everything you threw at it and the 3B2 probably wouldn't. Salesmanship or bull plop? both same price incidentally.

I am leaning towards the 3B2 as it cuts a bigger size, he had some 600's that measured 608 and they only just fitted on the 3B3M, the cutter wheel was literally on top of the edge of the tile so it wouldn't be possible to score right from the very edge.

Any opinions on these two cutters please?

Also seen at tradetiler a Montolit 63P3 Masterpiuma in the same price bracket. Is that also worthy of consideration?

I

Italy

C'mon guys, give a guy that can't make up his mind some help please :)
if you know ...... the 3b3max is pushed, while 3b2 must roll if tiles very thick better push, otherwise 3b2 is ok.
I use 3b2, if you use the 100 cm tiles hard to push.
I would make use for laying 60x60 polished 3b2 ok
excuse me google translated for me

I

Italy

if you've seen 3b3max is pushed, while 3b2 must roll if tiles very thick better push, otherwise 3b2 is ok.
I use 3p2k more strength for high thickness
correct

I

Italy

if you've seen the 3b3max is pushed, while 3b2 is pull if tiles very thick better push, otherwise 3b2 is ok.
I use 3p2k more strength for high thickness
better?

P

Pit-R

C'mon guys, give a guy that can't make up his mind some help please :)

If you want to buy a good 60+ sigma, I would go for Klick Klock 3B2K model (62 cm) . I've got 128 cm one 3EK and it's awsome. But would try Kaufmann Topline 630 as well before taking the final decision. It's another great cutter.

Reaction score
Being as I have this week also just purchased a new mitre saw and stand and cordless SDS drill I decided to be a cheap skate and bail out on the Sigma:(

I have bought a Big Clinker from Topps - the decent one not the cheap model from Screwfix - had a real good play with it in store (the staff couldn't have been more obliging) and it cut extremely well in my opinion, I chopped up a few 600 porcs with no bother and down to about 10-12mm slithers too. Feel confident it will do what I need tbh.

Actually, thinking about it, with my trade discount it was cheaper than the 'cheap' model from SF.

S

StevieBoy

Being as I have this week also just purchased a new mitre saw and stand and cordless SDS drill I decided to be a cheap skate and bail out on the Sigma:(

I have bought a Big Clinker from Topps - the decent one not the cheap model from Screwfix - had a real good play with it in store (the staff couldn't have been more obliging) and it cut extremely well in my opinion, I chopped up a few 600 porcs with no bother and down to about 10-12mm slithers too. Feel confident it will do what I need tbh.

Actually, thinking about it, with my trade discount it was cheaper than the 'cheap' model from SF.
Is that the one made by QEP and has a red handle?
Or do you mean the other one Topps do that goes upto 900mm?

S

StevieBoy

Ah yes I bought the same one a few months back. Not a bad bit of kit for the price, I think I paid about £85 trade for mine - it'll do 600 x 600 polished porcelain no problems.
I have used it on x2 90 m2 floors now, and haven't come across any cuts that it couldn't handle.

Reply to Cutter For 600's in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks