Search the forum,

Discuss cscs cards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fergie

hi everybody just seeing if any body can tell me if it is possible to obtain a cscs card even if you are new to the game and have not reg as self employed yet :hurray:

H

heatybob

you dont need to be self employed to obtain a cscs card,this card is atainable by any one over 18,and is issued for differant trades ie plumbing,elecs etc,it is simply a means of telling main contractors that you are aware and have passed a safty test,this card is a must have for you to go on site,dont confuse cscs cards with cis cards that are (or were)issued by the tax office to sub contractors to enable employers to tax subbys at the correct rate. i am sure someone on here will have a number for the cscs people, hope this helps

B

burncross

its very easy to take the test, more common sense really and all multiple choice
not a problem with any one with half a brain :conehead:

W

whiskeydram

any college that teaches constuction will let u sit it 1 day including exam £80 -£120 depending where.

M

medlar

i think you lads are getting confused,i think you are reffering to the health and safety part NOT the actual CSCS card

Jimmy

A

A1 Assessor

Hi Fergie,

Contact your local driving test centre to book the test, no need for 1 day tuition, if you don`t know much about site safety, buy the book (amazon) around £8, the test costs £17.49 and is multiple choice on a touch screen, if you want the CSCS card this will cost an additional £25.

Glad to help

Reply to cscs cards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

HI Ive just completed 2 bathrooms for a customer and they have not paid me . After several...
Replies
Views
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen