Discuss Cracking Tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ivor Goldberg

My bathroom was tiled just 4 weeks ago using Wickes Florina Ceramic Wall tiles and Wickes Natural Stone Flex Rapid Adhesive. The tiles are cracking very quickly. Is this because of faulty tiles, faulty adhesive or bad workmanship? Please help. Thanks
[h=1] IMG_1601.jpg IMG_1600.jpg [/h]

I

Ivor Goldberg

Hi and thanks for replying.
Regular plasterboard I think. These are replacement tiles and we never had a problem before.
My tiler can't figure it out at all - obviously he feels it's the tiles or adhesive. Are there any other factors?

I

Ian

That looks a little more serious than the tiles or adhesive, was the plasterboard dot and dabbed? It looks more like a substrate issue to me, would be good to see what the wall looks like underneath when the tiles are removed.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone

C

Colour Republic

judging by the cracks travelling from one tile to the next then i would suggest that's a substrate problem. What is on the other side of that wall? and is it just 1 wall it's happening to or all?

I

Ivor Goldberg

Thanks for your replies.
Yes it looks like it's been hit.
I'll check again today, I don't live at the property.
I don't know what condition the walls were in, but we had old tiles on there for years, no problems.
No pipes behind the walls.
It seems to be happening on all the walls with hairline cracks appearing (as in photo 1) more and more.
Our tiler used alot of adhesive, too much? Not dot and dab.
We'll have to take some off and see what's underneath.

Reply to Cracking Tiles in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks