Search the forum,

Discuss Chuck Adaptor for a Mixer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

djg

Does anyone know where you can get an adaptor to put a standard drill chuck onto a mixer? (this is so I can put smaller hex shaft paddles in my mixer)

It should have a M14 male thread one side and 1/2” x20 male thread on the other for the chuck (and a hex nut in the middle to get them apart afterwards!)

I've found plenty of adaptors that let you put M14 paddles into SDS drills, but this is sort of the other way round. I've found some mixer manufacturers listing them (such as Collomix) but no one advertising them in the UK.

D

djg

My bigger paddles (120mm and up) are all M14, but I have some smaller ones that are hex shaft.
I haven't seem many smaller paddles available in M14 - certainly 80mm and poss. 100mm are mainly hex.

It just gives a bit of versatility.

D

DHTiling

But why do you want a smaller head..? if it is for grout then just use a corded drill for the hex shaft..

D

djg

Its just that for the sake of a 2" piece of threaded metal costing a few quid, I could use my mixer with a hex shaft if I'd not got my drill (I already have an old spare chuck).

Have found that Rubi make the whole kit (chuck and all) as sold by ProTiler (no endorsement implied)-
Rubi RubiMix Adaptor Chuck 71967 - £26.72 - www.*******************
its only the bit bottom right I need.

D

djg

Thx Whitebeam, but if I understand right, I think thats adapting the other way round.
I've got an SDS adaptor that lets me put paddles with an M14 thread into an SDS drill.

What I wanted to do was put a hex shaft paddle into my mixer which has a M14 thread.

As Dave and Sir R' say, you can just use your normal drill.

Now, thing is, I'm so organised I've never taken my drill out for a weekend job and forgotten to put it back! Lets just assume for the sake of argument that my drill is being used elsewhere on the job:lol:

Seriously tho, they should be available somehere for a few quid and for that I get some versatility.

D

djg

Yeah, thats it, thx.
I did a lot of googling before posting the question, and I never came across that link.

You're right, it is pricey - probably a little too pricey just for a bit of convenience. I guess its because its Stainless Steel.

I've dropped an email to a mixer supplier down in Poole to see if they have them as they do advertise some adaptors. If not, I'll call time on my search.

Reply to Chuck Adaptor for a Mixer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen