Search the forum,

Discuss Cheap Tile Cutter in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com.

M

MargolisMarmite

Do you guys have any opinions on this? I have a bathroom to tile, its my first DIY effort and probably wont do it again for a while.. will this be useful? I dont want to spend much money at the moment :)

Vitrex 113402NDE Torque Master 450W Tile Saw 240V
£39.99

Vitrex 113402NDE Torque Master 450W Tile Saw 240V

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Personally id get a manual cutter much quicker and easier , something like this
http://m.NoLinksToThis/p/big-clinker-2-heavy-duty-tile-cutter-630mm/29758

If u getting it from screwfix, ive never used one but they look big enough and powerfull enough for porcalain , or if u just using ceramics get a cheaper rubi frrom screwfix

M

MargolisMarmite

Well if they're anything substantial that cutter could struggle, I would swap the blade out regardless.

They have a model with a 750watt motor, for 90 quid, maybe better?

Do these saws (if using a goood disk) cut as cleanly as the cutters?

M

MargolisMarmite

Personally id get a manual cutter much quicker and easier , something like this
http://m.NoLinksToThis/p/big-clinker-2-heavy-duty-tile-cutter-630mm/29758

If u getting it from screwfix, ive never used one but they look big enough and powerfull enough for porcalain , or if u just using ceramics get a cheaper rubi frrom screwfix

Im not bothered about being quick. I want something that can do the job nice and easily, and has the flexibility to deal with most situations :-/

For some reason I cant get to that item on screwfix, maybe beecause im in Spain?

P

p4ulo

I've got the Vitrex 750 Pro, and its brilliant mate, not exactly a "Pro" wet cutter but great for a few bathrooms a year. Cheap too, and the vitrex blade supplied with it is fine for a couple of jobs.
Having said that, the first bathroom I ever did was my own, with a very similar machine to the cheapo, and it did it fine, just don't push the tile through too much or you will knacker its little motor.
Don't bother with a dry one, good ones are expensive, and you'll deffo need to do a few trickey cuts which the dry one will never be able to cope!

Reply to Cheap Tile Cutter in the Tiling Tools > Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen