Discuss Cheap Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MargolisMarmite

Do you guys have any opinions on this? I have a bathroom to tile, its my first DIY effort and probably wont do it again for a while.. will this be useful? I dont want to spend much money at the moment :)

Vitrex 113402NDE Torque Master 450W Tile Saw 240V
£39.99

Vitrex 113402NDE Torque Master 450W Tile Saw 240V

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Personally id get a manual cutter much quicker and easier , something like this
http://m.NoLinksToThis/p/big-clinker-2-heavy-duty-tile-cutter-630mm/29758

If u getting it from screwfix, ive never used one but they look big enough and powerfull enough for porcalain , or if u just using ceramics get a cheaper rubi frrom screwfix

M

MargolisMarmite

Well if they're anything substantial that cutter could struggle, I would swap the blade out regardless.

They have a model with a 750watt motor, for 90 quid, maybe better?

Do these saws (if using a goood disk) cut as cleanly as the cutters?

M

MargolisMarmite

Personally id get a manual cutter much quicker and easier , something like this
http://m.NoLinksToThis/p/big-clinker-2-heavy-duty-tile-cutter-630mm/29758

If u getting it from screwfix, ive never used one but they look big enough and powerfull enough for porcalain , or if u just using ceramics get a cheaper rubi frrom screwfix

Im not bothered about being quick. I want something that can do the job nice and easily, and has the flexibility to deal with most situations :-/

For some reason I cant get to that item on screwfix, maybe beecause im in Spain?

P

p4ulo

I've got the Vitrex 750 Pro, and its brilliant mate, not exactly a "Pro" wet cutter but great for a few bathrooms a year. Cheap too, and the vitrex blade supplied with it is fine for a couple of jobs.
Having said that, the first bathroom I ever did was my own, with a very similar machine to the cheapo, and it did it fine, just don't push the tile through too much or you will knacker its little motor.
Don't bother with a dry one, good ones are expensive, and you'll deffo need to do a few trickey cuts which the dry one will never be able to cope!

Reply to Cheap Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks