Discuss care home tiling project in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM Ceramics

Now the next part is i have to put a quote but not sure how to go about this one ill explain it the best i can any ideas on a good price

en suites-approx 11m2 each there are 40 of them (20x20 bumpy white)

there 2 kitchen to tile 2.5 m2 each mosaic effect ceramic tiles

and 1 kitchen 2.5 m2 15x15 bumpy

i must supply 460 m2 worth of tiles approx im guessing about 70 tubs of adhesive and flexible grout aswell and alto h shaped trim for the bottoms

any rough idea on a whole price would be grateful?

M

mikethetile

i dont know the price but it looks like pallett quantities to me so you should get a good price

dont be afraid to barter and play one supplier off another to get the best deal

ive known guys get free holidays out of pallett ordering

L

LM Ceramics

cheers mike ill defintley do abit of bartering as ill be spending alot of money obviously providing i get the job.

I know its hard to give a price on it ive got a rough idea just want to know if it compares

V

Verona

i must supply 460 m2 worth of tiles approx im guessing about 70 tubs of adhesive and flexible grout aswell and alto h shaped trim for the bottoms

any rough idea on a whole price would be grateful?
That is a lot of money to have outstanding at one time.
My brother-in-law has a successful electician company abroad and makes offers for large projects all the time.
He advices to divide the job into sections and charge payments when each section has been finished.
Don't be shy to charge 25% up front. Don't call it 'for materials' but just a deposit. If they are not paying for the job in the end (going bust) they could take you down as well.

So put into the quote to charge payments when every 5-8 or 10 en-suites have been completed etc. If you tile them all first before grouting, you could charge like 25% deposit, 50% when tiled, and the last 25% when grouted and completed.

Also add a dayrate they should pay you if you are getting delayed by them having other tradesmen in, in your way to do your job. Afterall you are taking this time to do their project and don't look for other jobs, right.

Last thought; if you are not VAT registered you could ask the company to buy the materials for the project based on your advice and needs. It has worked for us as we have had 'delayed' payments from a company - and larger companies are happy to claim back the VAT themselves. :lol:

Good luck! :thumbsup:

V

Verona

Good post Verona

TJ
Thank TJ,

Also saw a post by Timelss John saying that it is worth taking into quote if the kitchen will be ready at one time etc.
Oh, just seen that you have added a few more tips to that. Great! :)

Cheers,
Stina

M

mikethetile

be aware that ther will be a retention at the end of the job wich can be difficult and long winded to collect if not impossibe............so add it on at tender stage

Reply to care home tiling project in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley