Search the forum,

Discuss can i put ltp colour intensifier sealer on top of matt stone sealer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

roly

hi

i've just tiled my mums kitchen with some onyx mosaic tiles. i applied a couple of coats of ltp matt stone sealer, but my mum prefers the look of the tiles straight after i have applied the sealer while they're still wet. so i want to apply a colour enhancing sealer. does anyone know if i can apply ltp colour intensifier sealer straight on top of the dry ltp matt stone and if yes will it still bring out the colour? any advice appreciated, thanks in advance

roland

J

Just Rizzle

Re: can i put ltp colour intensifier sealer on top of matt stone seale

try it and find out on a sample tile you must have a spare

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score

Solvent on top of solvent should be fine , extend the saturation maybe 10-12 min per section before removal of excess, think they do both water and solvent so , water onto solvent will reppel. Test as above, I would also give the guys a call on their tech line , just to check suitability.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score

Normal practice is LTP colour intensifier and then you can use mattstone on top , if the colour intensifier doesn't darken the stone , then strip back the mattstone first , then colour intensify and top seal with mattstone if required or further coats of colour intensifier if darker is required . No need for mattstone as a top up then.

Reply to can i put ltp colour intensifier sealer on top of matt stone sealer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen