Discuss Can Anyone Help? - How To Do Envelope Cuts In Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Russell brown

Started a wet room this week normally I use mosaics on the tray but they don't do a matching one with the tile I'm using so I,was going to do envelope cuts. I've never done them! I was wondering if any of you more experience tilers could offer me some advice on how to go about setting hem up, do I pull lines through etc.. And how do I cut them, finish the cuts?.
also the customer wants a broken bond on the tiles but not brick bond, they're a 600x300mm porcelain tile. In your opinion what looks best, keeping all the vertical cuts plumb or keep setting back off the tile a 3rd so a diagonal pattern forms?. I'm really looking forward to this job as the customer has let me guide them a lot and I'll run the patterns through with them first. To give you an idea the room is 3.8x1.265m with a dark grey tile on the floor which will continue to run up the end shower wall vertical with the rest of the walls being tiles horizontally in a lighter grey tile finished off with silver grey grout.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Look for the built in lines/falls on the tray - they can be quite hard to spot.
I usually transfer these lines on to marks on the wall as if you cover the tray with a membrane they're hard to find again.

R

Rookery

Marking the falls is a good idea. I'd loose lay the floor tiles starting at the drain and once happy, cut and fix. I'd set out the walls from the floor tiling.

R

Russell brown

Marking the falls is a good idea. I'd loose lay the floor tiles starting at the drain and once happy, cut and fix. I'd set out the walls from the floor tiling.

I am, I'm going to tile on wall and set the floor to that and then tile off of the floor on the other wall.

Reply to Can Anyone Help? - How To Do Envelope Cuts In Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay