Search the forum,

Discuss best way to cut 15mm granite for floor tiling !.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

james nicholson

i agree gaz rubi is great gear true but any good big wet cutter ya could get from any hss or speedy hire or what ever local ,not disagreeing or anything bud rubi would be nice to use!

D

Deleted member 1779

I'm not a tiler (so dont think I am giving advice!) but my tiler who is called Paul recons its all about the quality of the diamond blade. He uses a wet cutter and is a big believer in the quality of the blade.

I know when he tiled with me he used an expensive RUBI cutter to score and break the tiles at 9mm thick (floor tiles) which he snapped quite easily. But for tricky cuts he used a wetsaw.

knees.jpg

In that shot above he is slicing my porcelain tiles with a basic machine fitted with a decent blade. Oh and three things to note:
1) The power lead is a bit close to the water (fizzzz)
2) ALWAYS wear safety goggles (quoting Norm from New Yankee Workshop)
3) His knees are shot as a result of years of bending down like that.

Although he is a superb tiler he now cant tile as his main career due to serious knee injury. When he tiled my bathroom (37 square meters in ONE DAY) he was off in agonising pain for two days with his knees. Always wear knee pads - he tells me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to best way to cut 15mm granite for floor tiling !.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen