Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss best way to cut 15mm granite for floor tiling !.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

j.simpson

looking for best way to cut 15mm thick granite tiles for bathroom floor
and also best adhesive to use

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Who makes this Heafty wet cutter Gaz.........Not heard of that make before:wink_smile:

G

GazTech

http://javascript<b></b>:ShowPopUp('info_RT_54945.html',500,600);
http://www.buybrandtools.com/ rubi DW-250-lps

THE BEST JUST GOT BETTER!
New version of the famous DW-250-LPS. Electric tile saw ideal for cutting and mitring of floor ceramics, tiles, marble, granite and building materials. Rubi 250mm general-purpose diamond blade included. Blade cooled by highly resistant water pump with regulating tap included. Vertically adjustable head and motor.
New features: detachable table facilitates cleaning, wheels & handle ease movement of machine, system of foldable legs. 2 year warranty.
FREE & FAST Delivery (2-3 Days)

(110v: 3-7 days)

this bad boy will teach Mr.Granite a lesson or two...Gaz

D

DHTiling

Great cutter..got one......for a small job you could just use a grinder but be carefull with those fingers.........dave..

J

james nicholson

i agree gaz rubi is great gear true but any good big wet cutter ya could get from any hss or speedy hire or what ever local ,not disagreeing or anything bud rubi would be nice to use!

D

Deleted member 1779

I'm not a tiler (so dont think I am giving advice!) but my tiler who is called Paul recons its all about the quality of the diamond blade. He uses a wet cutter and is a big believer in the quality of the blade.

I know when he tiled with me he used an expensive RUBI cutter to score and break the tiles at 9mm thick (floor tiles) which he snapped quite easily. But for tricky cuts he used a wetsaw.

knees.jpg

In that shot above he is slicing my porcelain tiles with a basic machine fitted with a decent blade. Oh and three things to note:
1) The power lead is a bit close to the water (fizzzz)
2) ALWAYS wear safety goggles (quoting Norm from New Yankee Workshop)
3) His knees are shot as a result of years of bending down like that.

Although he is a superb tiler he now cant tile as his main career due to serious knee injury. When he tiled my bathroom (37 square meters in ONE DAY) he was off in agonising pain for two days with his knees. Always wear knee pads - he tells me.

Reply to best way to cut 15mm granite for floor tiling !.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks