Currently reading:
Best Porcelain Blade for a DeWalt?

Discuss Best Porcelain Blade for a DeWalt? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

[DLMURL="http://www.dewalt.co.uk/accessories/productoverview/hierarchy/1942/"]DEWALT -*Products*-*Accessories* - *Bonded Abrasives - Angle Grinder Accessories - Diamond - Wet Tile Saw Accessories - Diamond - Wet Tile Saw Wheels - Home[/DLMURL]

Home*-*Products*-*Accessories*-*Bonded Abrasives - Angle Grinder Accessories - Diamond - Wet Tile Saw Accessories - Diamond - Wet Tile Saw Wheels*-*Ceramic Tile Blade - DEWALT

[DLMURL="http://www.dewalt.co.uk/accessories/productdetails/catno/DT3734/"]Home*-*Products*-*Accessories*-*Bonded Abrasives - Angle Grinder Accessories - Diamond - Wet Tile Saw Accessories - Diamond - Wet Tile Saw Wheels*-*Porcelain/Stone Blade - DEWALT[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

PM me your address details.

We do a continuous rim blade at 250mm that will fit the Dewalt. I should have sent this to Sir Ramic for a test along with our turbo blade but have no idea why I didn't.

I'd like someone to run a test on this blade for us, real world.

No cost to you.

Like Neale says, we've found that continuous rim gives the best finish in porcelain.

Let us know how it stands up :thumbsup:

C

Concrete guy

Does anyone do a continuous rim 350mm.
i have been trying to find one for the Turkish marble I am trying to cut with no chipping

You can get 350mm marble blades from all the usual suspects but most will come with a 50/60mm bore for bridge saws.

If the marble is particularly delicate then electroplated con rim blades are available.

DK Holdings will run you up something specific at short notice.

O

One Day

So far we have tried the dewalt porcelain, and the TIGR Diamond Blade, and still chipped edges on the tiles. Im tearing my hair out now, as these tiles are a nightmare and theres a lot of cuts to do on this contract. I have to get a grip on this now, or we will be throwing more in the bin than are going up on the walls.

Pebbs

Have you got a wobble on the blade maybe?
How do you cut? I find that passing the blade over the tile/stone lightly once or twice BEFORE pushing the piece right through gives me a cleaner cut.
Whazzing the piece through in one go just doesn't feel right.
(if that's what you're doing?)

Reply to Best Porcelain Blade for a DeWalt? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement