Search the forum,

Discuss Best Option For Timber Suspended Floors in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

C

CastleHill

Which option among the 2 is best for UFH on timber suspended floors

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 13.44.03.png

O

One Day

Bekotec therm using a very thin screed. Also runs cooler so cheaper in the long run due to efficiency gains. Also best option for tiling.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As above , bekotec. Or identical system by nu-heat. (Lopro max) butch will retire a 22mm build up.
If you can't go on top of the floor, and are using one of your 2 options. Don't use chipboard flooring. Use a fermacell, or similar solid type board.
Chipboard is an insulator and is poor to tile onto.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What size joists have you got? Neither option above is great from an efficiency perspective.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would go with the top design but replace the biscuit screed (not great for heat transfer) for a gypsol timbre screed (high thermal conductivity). Weights wise it is much more self supporting.

R

Russel

Inclined towards number 1, suppose it depends on the strength of the diffuser plate in terms of deflection.

Reply to Best Option For Timber Suspended Floors in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen