Search the forum,

Discuss best bonding agent for ply floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

The Best bonding prior to tiling on a plywood floor in my opinion is 6mm No More Ply or other 6mm tile backer boards.....everytime.... it is without a doubt the best surface regardless of substrate to tile on..........:hurray::8:
You own shares in the company Smurf? :grin:

D

doug boardley

can't see as it makes any difference as your sealing the underside/edges and not priming:thumbsup:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
The Best bonding prior to tiling on a plywood floor in my opinion is 6mm No More Ply or other 6mm tile backer boards.....everytime.... it is without a doubt the best surface regardless of substrate to tile on..........:hurray::8:

I keep wondering about this, as 6mm would definitely be preferable to 12mm.. but does it give enough strength? Saying that, i know a guy that's been tiling on 6mm ply for 20 years and (to his knowledge) has never had a fail!?!?! Makes you wonder... :yikes:

W

White Room

Know a guy of 30 years who has done the same, never had a problem as far as he knows

S

smurf21

I Know a guy who once tiled over stuck down carpet tiles in his kitchen but it doesnt make it right..:oops:

And no grumps i dont have shares but im working on it....lol

Reply to best bonding agent for ply floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen