Search the forum,

Discuss Bal Micromax Ebony grout & ceramic tile prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

newbie tiler

Seeking some help and advice please - this is my first tiling project and am realising it maybe slightly ambitious to use coloured grout also due to age of property walls are somewhat out in corners leaving me a rather larger gap to grout then seal in places!

Have tiled small bathroom walls using matt stone coloured, slightly textured 400 x 250 tiles and wanted to use dark slate grey grout and sealant to match slate shelf and flooring. BAL colour samples bit of nightmare as charcoal looked blacker than the ebony so have bought the ebony micromax ebony grout powder and micromax sealant - however now hesitating as don't want flat black! Has anyone used both and can tell me the difference in colour please?

Am also concerned this will be a nightmare clean up or that tiles will stain - so wonder if there's any tips before I start that I should prep these tiles somehow?

Many thanks in advance :)

R

Rookery

...... walls are somewhat out in corners leaving me a rather larger gap to grout then seal in places!

Sounds like you're doing it wrong. Virtually all walls/floors/ceiling/corners are out in some way but you take this into account in your setting out. You shouldn't grout the corners either.

Reply to Bal Micromax Ebony grout & ceramic tile prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen