Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss bal flex bone 2 easy in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I thought one of the selling points of the 2E was that it could go straight on new screeds and will continue to cure after tile complete. Why do we need to still do moisture tests?

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

... and what happens to the 25 year guarantee if you use Weber https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ with it?

OP
D

Dumbo

So i had it out with one of their reps , if the mat fails they will guarantee it , if you use bal products they will guarantee the whole installation. After all It does have to be of merchantable quality . The problem lies proving which part has failed .

OP
J

Just Rizzle

I thought one of the selling points of the 2E was that it could go straight on new screeds and will continue to cure after tile complete. Why do we need to still do moisture tests?
on sand and cement screeds you can go straight one. but with gypsum based screeds they have to be 1,5 or below as moisture can mush the gypsum this reeding is a carbide bomb test
So i had it out with one of their reps , if the mat fails they will guarantee it , if you use bal products they will guarantee the whole installation. After all It does have to be of merchantable quality . The problem lies proving which part has failed .
how can the mat fail its not stuck to any thing ?

OP
J

J Sid

Ray, the mat is stuck to https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ which is in turn stuck to the tile

OP
J

Just Rizzle

Ray, the mat is stuck to https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ which is in turn stuck to the tile
it is not stuck to the slab though where the fail is most likely to happen due to moisture rising and frost.
have you used flex bone yet?

OP
D

Dumbo

on sand and cement screeds you can go straight one. but with gypsum based screeds they have to be 1,5 or below as moisture can mush the gypsum this reeding is a carbide bomb test

how can the mat fail its not stuck to any thing ?
To be honest I don't know but if their is more than one component to the Mat they could become delaminated from one another

OP
J

Just Rizzle

To be honest I don't know but if their is more than one component to the Mat they could become delaminated from one another
you havent seen how the bone is constructed have you?
im on my third job with it .

OP
D

Dumbo

I've just looked at the mat in question and I'm not saying it will, but it does have a mesh on top which could if there was a problem in manufacturing delaminate from the body , so yes it could fail, happened to dural

OP
H

hmtiling

I'm seeing more and more tilers shouting flexbone at any problematic job. It's usually ones who don't know too much and have been brainwashed by bal's(gutjahr's) brand new (not new) wonder product.

OP
D

Dumbo

I'm seeing more and more tilers shouting flexbone at any problematic job. It's usually ones who don't know too much and have been brainwashed by bal's(gutjahr's) brand new (not new) wonder product.
Yes it might be quick but I can fix dural ci down for pretty much the same money if you take into consideration the price of the product itself .

OP
H

hmtiling

Yes it might be quick but I can fix dural ci down for pretty much the same money if you take into consideration the price of the product itself .
There's much cheaper, tried and tested alternatives for green s&c screeds. It's also more cost effective for me to fit membranes with anhyfix to gypsum based screeds. That being said, if cost is no issue and time is a constraint then it certainly has its place

OP
D

Dumbo

There's much cheaper, tried and tested alternatives for green s&c screeds. It's also more cost effective for me to fit membranes with anhyfix to gypsum based screeds. That being said, if cost is no issue and time is a constraint then it certainly has its place
I think I will wait until there have been a few failures. Not necessarily the fault of the mat but instalation ,
He'll is that bal tech .
Oh right so you did that with it , should of been done like this then it would of been ok .

Reply to bal flex bone 2 easy in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock