Search the forum,

Discuss BAL adhesive with Impey Tilesafe on timber in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BlueNile

I'd appreciate a bit of advice please. I'm installing a first floor wetroom using an aquadec and Impey tilesafe membrane. I stiffened the entire floor area with 18mm ply (not just under the aquadec) which was screwed and glued to 4x2 timbers which were screwed and glued along each side of the floor joists. This formed a stiff base flush with the top of the joists. I then screwed and glued another sheet of 18mm ply on top of this. On top of this (!) I laid cement aquapanels using rapidset flexible, screwed at 300mm centres. On top of this goes the tilesafe membrane, Devimat heating and then tiles. On page 15 of the BAL site guide (the one that's currently on-line), it shows Acrybase over the Devimat, followed by rapidset flexible. Being a cautious kind of guy, I've just rung Bal technical to ask if I should prime between the Acrybase and Rapidset - but the tech guy has told me that the description in the site guide is wrong and they would not recommend these products in this situation. He suggested Fastflex for bedding the mat and then tiling - a bit annoying as I've got Acrybase, etc in ready for a busy weekend - what should I do? (besides reach for the bottle!)

Reply to BAL adhesive with Impey Tilesafe on timber in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen