Search the forum,

Discuss are things moving now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

We just put my late mum's house on the market yesterday afternoon, and we've got somebody viewing it today. I know a viewing isn't an offer to buy but has anyone had a quick turnaround on selling their house lately?

M

mikethetile

my bro in law has put his house on a few weeks ago and its had quite a few viewings

he hasnt sold it but that could be more to do with the layout. its an extended 4 bed which was then a 5 bed but he converted it back to a 4bed with ensuite, which is fair enough, should still sell

but the kitchens too small for a family home and it has no utility so the washing machines plumbed into the downstairs loo with a dryer on top

he has two dining rooms

so my suggestions are

put kitchen into dining room so it has a large family kitchen, utility into kitchen so it has a large usable utility rm, use other dining room as a dining room

fit a shower into the cloakroom downstairs and he has something a growing family could use

he was not impressed at my suggestions but hasnt ruled them out

the other thing ive told him is to paint the exterior , flaking fascias dont impress anyone

he thinks im just looking for work out of him

funny he should say that.......... ho hum

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
My folks have had their house on the market for 3 years, had 2 viewings and no offers, they live in a nice little village ( Gainford ) between Darlington and Barnard Castle, a tidy 3 bedroom semi, nice big garden to the rear, conservatory etc, can't understand it :mad2:

D

doug boardley

sorry to hear that Alan:thumbsdown: have they considered changing estate agents? We went with the one that we felt gave the most realistic valuation, another EA valued it at 35K above what we are asking:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

doug, it took 11 months to sell our old house as we put it on during the summer of 2007. there's a more houses on our estate going on now but some others have been on the market for 2 years. i'm not holding my breath.... need to sell my house soon as it's becoming an expensive noose around the neck :thumbsdown:

Reply to are things moving now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen