Search the forum,

Discuss another one for the rogues gallery??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

got a phone call on sunday from a elderley gentleman asking if i could finish tiling his downstairs toilet as he had not seen his tiler since before easter??. went to look at it on tues afternoon.:yikes::yikes: IMG051.jpg

IMG052.jpg

IMG053.jpg

IMG054.jpg

IMG055.jpg

IMG056.jpg

IMG057.jpg

IMG058.jpg

IMG059.jpg

this guy has charged £700.00 to tile 16sqm ceramic tiles and 3 sqm floor
which needed overboarding....3mm ply from b & q nailed down. And the customer had to pay for the materials. the list of problems is so long that i have not got time to list all of them but the general points are:
the whole of the room is covered in grout as you may see on some pictures no attempt has been made to clean them. grout joints ranging from 5mm to 0mm. Not one tile is level with the next. and the list goes on.
spent yesterday cleazning off the grout to find that he had used the adhesive as grout (the grout was still in garage) polished tiles to make them look as good as poss. reboarded the floor and went to the garage to get the tiles.....not there seems he decided to take them with him.
had 4sqm of floor tiles at home from a previous job so went home and got them,showed them to them and explained that they could have them foc as they were just in my garage.
customer was happy to have them fitted.

going back today to paint there ceiling which he said he would do as john the gent who phoned has parkinsons and nadine his wife is registered as blind and has arthritis.........AND YES HE HAS ALREADY HAD THE MONEY.
oh and he also removed the radiator and sink which were in the garage.
so a friend of mine who is a plumber said he will call on sat and refit them for them F.O.C. I am going back in a week or so as soon as i have 2 free days to remove the (grout) and replace it.
sorry for the length of this post.
chris

D

Deleted member 9966

that so called tiler is giving this industry a very bad reputation :thumbsdown:

very nice of you Chris to go and put it all right. It is disgusting the amount of honest and trusting people (and elderly people) who seem to be getting ripped off at the moment.

A

albyshellshear

:hurray:Good on you Chris people like this so called tiler who exploit the elderly or infirm should be jailed find his trading name and name and shame the cowboy :ban:

D

doug boardley

I don't think your customer has seen a tiler at all!! (until you turned up anyway Chris)

M

mikebidd

Really good off you to do what ur doing for the couple mate. Seems abit wrong to me the bloke who did this gets to walk away scott free. Did the couple mention where they found the bloke?.

N

NewbieMike

To be honest,

I've not even done a tiling course as of yet and i honestly think i could show that guy up LOL

Scumbag!!!

B

buddha1964

That is bloody disgraceful, the trouble is he has more than likley moved on to another victim...

But at least there is decent people in this world too, well done to you and the plumber for sorting it:thumbsup:

Reply to another one for the rogues gallery??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I’ve been trying to seek advice on whether the recently finished tiling/grouting in my...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen