Search the forum,

Discuss Advice to an Apprentice. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Have to disagree with the travelling time,people who work in asda generally live close to work,am doing 130 miles a day I give the boss two hours in the morning he gives me two hours in the afternoon,or I simply wouldn't travel that far.:)

But if you're honest that's the decision you make. You don't have to travel, there is no gun to your head. You could find more local work or drop your price accordingly to find the local work...or work at your local Asda/Tesco/Etc.

I'm lucky that most of my projects are localish to me but when I do have to travel I have to weigh up if the jobs worth it or not. I can't add the travelling cost to the quote of or I would loose the job. Therefore the apprentice/labourer can't charge me for travelling time to get to the job. It all comes down to do I/he want the job and most importantly how quickly I/we can get it done and sometimes that means working until 6/7. I've just done a job where the drive was 80 minutes each way. It was for a builder I do lots of work for so I had to either upset the builder by charging extra and risk the contract or swallow on the travelling times/cost. The labourer didn't agree so he had the week off unpaid.

You have to weigh it up/look at the bigger picture and make the decision. Everyone has different guidelines and commitments

Reply to Advice to an Apprentice. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen