Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice on Professional tiling tools in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I really want to know where this place is now!

D

Dumbo

Thanks John.
I understand where all this is coming from and believe me If I told any of these members in the forum/Tilers where the job is they would run a mile and would not be interested one bit!
We all need work and sometimes we can't pick or choose where that job is coming from!!!
Don't be mistaken we are not touting for work , what we are saying is if they are tilers they should have their own tools , or if as John did in Norway, they should be able to tell you what they want as Antonio said. Which leads me in my best Sherlock Holmes to deduce they are not tilers .

T

Time's Ran Out

We are here to help all standard of participants in our noble art!
At the end of the day we all want to see a job well done.
So the tiles are
400x400mm and 250x1500mm both 10-20 mm thick
Basic tools
Cutters - angle grinder with 2-3 good quality porcelain cutting discs.
Chalk line.
Spirit level/laser
Spacer pegs 2-3mm
Buckets,sponges, polishing cloths.
Pin hammer
Serrated trowels 6-12mm depth
American squeegee

Anything else is a luxury!

OP
A
Reaction score
We are here to help all standard of participants in our noble art!
At the end of the day we all want to see a job well done.
So the tiles are
400x400mm and 250x1500mm both 10-20 mm thick
Basic tools
Cutters - angle grinder with 2-3 good quality porcelain cutting discs.
Chalk line.
Spirit level/laser
Spacer pegs 2-3mm
Buckets,sponges, polishing cloths.
Pin hammer
Serrated trowels 6-12mm depth
American squeegee

Anything else is a luxury!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
This is a medium size house and manual cutting will take too long (I presume)and don't want to stay too long out there.
Any idea of makes on best(mid range) Electric Wet tile cutters, not too expensive(I have seen prices in the GBP 600 range)!!
I plan to hire a power generator while out there for the power needs!!
Thanks

G

GoneGuy

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
This is a medium size house and manual cutting will take too long (I presume)and don't want to stay too long out there.
Any idea of makes on best(mid range) Electric Wet tile cutters, not too expensive(I have seen prices in the GBP 600 range)!!
Thanks
Which ever wet saw you purchase make sure you buy the appropriate blade for what your cutting and invest in a quality brand name

W

WetSaw

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Thanks

Manual cutters are generally faster than wet cutters. If you want to cut a 1500mm tile you're going to need a big, and therefore expensive, cutter. Alternatively, an angle grinder, steady hand and decent blade will do it.

O

On one

Every Architect I have known, knew everything about everything, couldn't tell them nowt!

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Thanks
Manual cutting is a lot quicker than a wet saw

H573

TF
Reaction score
I work in remote areas too sometimes, usually with no access to electricity. Generators fine.
Get yourself some good work lights. If you want to get the job done you’ll be working late. And they probably won’t have lighting if my experience is anything to go by.
Preferably rechargeable battery ones if possible

OP
A
Reaction score
Every Architect I have known, knew everything about everything, couldn't tell them nowt!
Hmmm!!
Wonder how much Architects are loathed !!!
Manual cutters are generally faster than wet cutters. If you want to cut a 1500mm tile you're going to need a big, and therefore expensive, cutter. Alternatively, an angle grinder, steady hand and decent blade will do it.
Hi.
so can you recommend one and accessories I would need?
Hi.
so can you recommend one and accessories I would need?

Reaction score
£600 isn’t a lot of money for a cutter.
Seriously, speak to the Tilers. Send them the spec of the tiles and ask them what they would like. At the moment it sounds like someone is trying to get unskilled workers to do a job that requires skill which will only end one way.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks very much for the advice I got from this forum.

I ended buying the Flex CS60 with the 1.80m guide rail and some diamond cutting blades.
Now, this wet saw has to be plugged to a pressurized water mains as I understand it.
The problem is that I won't have that luxury as the site is remote so I was looking for a small immersible "wet saw pump" to go with this machine, ie one that I would immersed in a bucket/Plale of water that would be feeding
the saw as I cut.
Any ideas as to what pump to get??
Would this do :Rubi Water Pump DW DU Wet Saws 240 volt

Also, I am looking for a budget laser tile leveler
Would this do :ProNivo PNTL 45 Floor tile Laser With 90 & 45° Lines

Any other items you think I should get in light of my above project??
Urgent please as I want to make the purchases.
Thanks

ok agree,
but it would be better if they were the tilers interested in the work
to say what they want.
or not?
if I understood the question correctly :)

Antonio,
It just occurred to me that you might be interested in taking on this job as my client bought all the tiles for this Job direct from Italy,1st choice!!!
I am looking for a very professional Tiler to work on this Job so if you're interested, reply to this post!!!

Last edited:
D

Dumbo

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the advice I got from this forum.

I ended buying the Flex CS60 with the 1.80m guide rail and some diamond cutting blades.
Now, this wet saw has to be plugged to a pressurized water mains as I understand it.
The problem is that I won't have that luxury as the site is remote so I was looking for a small immersible "wet saw pump" to go with this machine, ie one that I would immersed in a bucket/Plale of water that would be feeding
the saw as I cut.
Any ideas as to what pump to get??
Would this do :Rubi Water Pump DW DU Wet Saws 240 volt

Also, I am looking for a budget laser tile leveler
Would this do :ProNivo PNTL 45 Floor tile Laser With 90 & 45° Lines

Any other items you think I should get in light of my above project??
Urgent please as I want to make the purchases.
Thanks

Antonio,
It just occurred to me that you might be interested in taking on this job as my client bought all the tiles for this Job direct from Italy,1st choice!!!
I am looking for a very professional Tiler to work on this Job so if you're interested, reply to this post!!!
Where is this remote location .

Reply to Advice on Professional tiling tools in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock