Discuss Advice on Professional tiling tools in the Tiling Tools Inc Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

pdc

Only a Handyman...
Admired Member
Trusted Advisor
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
This is a medium size house and manual cutting will take too long (I presume)and don't want to stay too long out there.
Any idea of makes on best(mid range) Electric Wet tile cutters, not too expensive(I have seen prices in the GBP 600 range)!!
I plan to hire a power generator while out there for the power needs!!
Thanks
Manual cutters are generally faster than wet cutters. If you want to cut a 1500mm tile you're going to need a big, and therefore expensive, cutter. Alternatively, an angle grinder, steady hand and decent blade will do it.

wrighty

Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
Every Architect I have known, knew everything about everything, couldn't tell them nowt!

Albert

Admired Member
Trusted Advisor
Tilers' Arms Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
This is a medium size house and manual cutting will take too long (I presume)and don't want to stay too long out there.
Any idea of makes on best(mid range) Electric Wet tile cutters, not too expensive(I have seen prices in the GBP 600 range)!!
I plan to hire a power generator while out there for the power needs!!
Thanks
Manual cutting is a lot quicker than a wet saw

H573

New to TilersForums.com
Reaction score
I work in remote areas too sometimes, usually with no access to electricity. Generators fine.
Get yourself some good work lights. If you want to get the job done you’ll be working late. And they probably won’t have lighting if my experience is anything to go by.
Preferably rechargeable battery ones if possible

OP
A

Alphaman

New to TilersForums.com
Reaction score
Every Architect I have known, knew everything about everything, couldn't tell them nowt!
Hmmm!!
Wonder how much Architects are loathed !!!
Manual cutters are generally faster than wet cutters. If you want to cut a 1500mm tile you're going to need a big, and therefore expensive, cutter. Alternatively, an angle grinder, steady hand and decent blade will do it.
Hi.
so can you recommend one and accessories I would need?
Hi.
so can you recommend one and accessories I would need?

Tiler Durden

New to TilersForums.com
Reaction score
£600 isn’t a lot of money for a cutter.
Seriously, speak to the Tilers. Send them the spec of the tiles and ask them what they would like. At the moment it sounds like someone is trying to get unskilled workers to do a job that requires skill which will only end one way.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Tile Advice Blog

Most Replied Threads

Recent Tile Advice Blog Posts

Top Bottom