Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice on Professional tiling tools in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

H

hmtiling

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Unless you want to add a lot of unnecessary time to the job then buy a manual cutter too. Having to do every cut outside with the flex is not a good idea and the tiler will not thank you. My preferred manuel cutter is a Sigma

C

Concrete guy

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the advice I got from this forum.

I ended buying the Flex CS60 with the 1.80m guide rail and some diamond cutting blades.
Now, this wet saw has to be plugged to a pressurized water mains as I understand it.
The problem is that I won't have that luxury as the site is remote so I was looking for a small immersible "wet saw pump" to go with this machine, ie one that I would immersed in a bucket/Plale of water that would be feeding
the saw as I cut.
Any ideas as to what pump to get??
Would this do :Rubi Water Pump DW DU Wet Saws 240 volt

Also, I am looking for a budget laser tile leveler
Would this do :ProNivo PNTL 45 Floor tile Laser With 90 & 45° Lines

Any other items you think I should get in light of my above project??
Urgent please as I want to make the purchases.
Thanks

Antonio,
It just occurred to me that you might be interested in taking on this job as my client bought all the tiles for this Job direct from Italy,1st choice!!!
I am looking for a very professional Tiler to work on this Job so if you're interested, reply to this post!!!

You don't need to pump the water to the saw, you just need a pressure vessel, something like this:-

OP
A
Reaction score
You don't need to pump the water to the saw, you just need a pressure vessel, something like this:-

Hi,
Thanks for the link.
Just what the doc ordered !!
The link shows them a set (2 Bottles).
Do I need (for some reason)to buy both??

Thanks a Million!
[automerge]1567019155[/automerge]
Unless you want to add a lot of unnecessary time to the job then buy a manual cutter too. Having to do every cut outside with the flex is not a good idea and the tiler will not thank you. My preferred manuel cutter is a Sigma

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, it makes a lot of sense .
Which of the Sigmas would you recommend??
They have an extensive range.
The Sigma Max for example ??
The majority of tiles we have are in the 60x60cm range,10mm thick.
We do have some(20%) tiles of 120x40cm & 150x25cm,20mm thick
I recon we would use the Flex for the larger/thicker tile cuts.
So which Sigma please for the smaller more plentiful tiles??

Thanks

Last edited:
H

hmtiling

Hi,
Thanks for the link.

Thanks a Million!
[automerge]1567019155[/automerge]

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, it makes a lot of sense .
Which of the Sigmas would you recommend??
They have an extensive range.
The Sigma Max for example ??
The majority of tiles we have are in the 60x60cm range,10mm thick.
We do have some(20%) tiles of 120x40cm & 150x25cm,20mm thick
I recon we would use the Flex for the larger/thicker tile cuts.
So which Sigma please for the smaller more plentiful tiles??

Thanks
If you only have 60x60cm in 10mm then a 3e3m max. The 1500x250x20mm are gonna be heavy, you sure they're 20mm?

C

Concrete guy

Hi,
Thanks for the link.

Thanks a Million!

I sure one would be just fine, but considering you're travelling to the middle of nowhere it might be a sound idea to buy two, especially as they don't cost the earth.

That just happened to be the first listing I came across.

FLEX actually used to sell these, but they were such a daft price no one bothered to buy them, they just went on eBay or Amazon and bought cheapy Chinese ones that did exactly the same job - push water into the saw. Some things are worth springing for the branded item - some just aren't. A pump up plastic bottle falls into the later category.

OP
A
Reaction score
I sure one would be just fine, but considering you're travelling to the middle of nowhere it might be a sound idea to buy two, especially as they don't cost the earth.

That just happened to be the first listing I came across.

FLEX actually used to sell these, but they were such a daft price no one bothered to buy them, they just went on eBay or Amazon and bought cheapy Chinese ones that did exactly the same job - push water into the saw. Some things are worth springing for the branded item - some just aren't. A pump up plastic bottle falls into the later category.
Great, thanks a lot for saving me ££££ as I found the flex version online for about £200 !!!
Going for the one u sent me.
Great site’
[automerge]1567031695[/automerge]
If you only have 60x60cm in 10mm then a 3e3m max. The 1500x250x20mm are gonna be heavy, you sure they're 20mm?
Yeah, they are 20mm outdoor tiles!

H

hmtiling

Great, thanks a lot for saving me ££££ as I found the flex version online for about £200 !!!
Going for the one u sent me.
Great site’
[automerge]1567031695[/automerge]

Yeah, they are 20mm outdoor tiles!
You know they don't need to be 20mm to go outside unless they're not being fixed and being used on a pedastal system. That seems to be a common misconception that's needlessly breaking our backs

Reply to Advice on Professional tiling tools in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock