Search the forum,

Discuss Advice For Setting Out Tiles Before Tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I always put cuts in as i go, i hate going back to put cuts in, much quicker for me
Same on a wall, when i use a batton to work off i do the wall, take batton off and put cuts in , does my head in having to fill in

O

Old Mod

Yep never go back over any wall or floors, always insert cuts as I go.
When I was doing contract work I often used 2mm yachting yarn as a spacer. U can remove all the spacers in a minute or so and it cleans the joints as u pull it free! And of course u can insert your spacer along a whole course in one go, takes seconds. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Just Rizzle

Yep never go back over any wall or floors, always insert cuts as I go.
When I was doing contract work is often use 2mm yachting yarn as spacers. U can remove all the spacers in a minute or so and it cleans the joints as u pull it free! And of course u can insert your spacer along a whole course in one go, takes seconds. :)
never used it my self but sceen it used yrs ago
some thing I use is karndean design strips there 2mm or 2.5mm in width there excellent for holding mosaic in place then when set pullout

O

Old Mod

never used it my self but sceen it used yrs ago
some thing I use is karndean design strips there 2mm or 2.5mm in width there excellent for holding mosaic in place then when set pullout

Good idea!
Yeah the reason I used to get it from a marine store is because as its a marine cord, it doesn't absorb moisture like a regular string.

Can we edit previous posts, like with the old format?
My last post is not English at its best! Haha

J

J Sid

wp_ss_20150531_0001.png

Reply to Advice For Setting Out Tiles Before Tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen