Discuss Advice about splashback tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Little5

Hi, can anyone advise me what size spaces are used for 100 x 100 tiles?
Also does the same spcres apply for curved edged tiles of the same size.
Any other advice about these tiles would be great too.
Many thanks

D

david campbell

i would always go for 2mm spacers with 100x100mm and that includes curved egde!:thumbsup:

F

Fred

I use 2mm spacers with 100 x 100. If they have curved edges, I put them in by eye, no spacers. With an adhesive like Bal white star, you have no slipping of the tile. Just stand back every tile or so, and make sure they look level etc.............

L

Little5

im from Ayrshire and we are a bit short of suppliers, does anyone know of a supplier for Bal white star? in Ayrshire, my local tile It All only supplies mapei.

S

snakeplisskin

Am from ayrshire as well and havent found bal anywhere, need to go to the big smoke( Glasgow) to get it, :incazzato:

T

tile55

Hi, my thoughts on th subject are similar tto the rest of the guys. are you a tiler or someone looking to have tiling done for you.
If you are a tiler tiling for someone I always find it best to ak the client first, as what I want to do is'nt always what the client wants to do.
I mostly do 2mm grot lines with 4x4s but I have been asked to make the grout lines as big as 10mm before and when doing hand made tiles, or irregular lined tiles, I find having a bigger grout line makes the tiling look better, ultimately it is the client who will say I want a small grout line.

G

grumpygrouter

im from Ayrshire and we are a bit short of suppliers, does anyone know of a supplier for Bal white star? in Ayrshire, my local tile It All only supplies mapei.
Mapei will be fine. If you want to use tubbed stuff check out D1 or D2.:thumbsup:

Reply to Advice about splashback tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley