Search the forum,

Discuss adhesive in grout line aaaaaaaahhhhhh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mat25

hi any one have any tips on gettin set adhesive out of the grout line have used sp radid floor adhesive cheers:mad2:

G

Grace'sDad

This is probably a daft idea and will get shot down:stupid: but I use a sharp chisel to carefully scrape at 45degrees to the edge of each tile. I find this removes enough and cleanly enough to then grout. Must be careful not to damage the tile. Seems to work well enough with ceramics but easily cuts into travertine and soft stone.

H

Holohana

piece of wood i use sometimes, cut to size. Strong enough to get addy out but wont damage tiles!

S

scottish tiler

aye a wee scraper or a plain screwdirver duz the job u can use a chisel aswell or a stanly blade if you dont have any of those, its not anything complicated and should take u about 2 mins if its only a small floor

N

ndwyrain

i use a scraper carefully, or the groute rake, again, carefully.

i know this maybe pissing on your chips, cos its obviously set with you.
but i have a little snipped in half cable tie that is just the right size to run through all grout lines whilst it still soft.

obviously i`m only a novice, and i`m probably gonna get told how useless i am now.lol.

G

GazTech

rapid set if left to dry for two hours can be easy removed with Stanley & Henry ......Gaz

Reply to adhesive in grout line aaaaaaaahhhhhh in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen