Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Adhesive for 600x300 porcelain tiles on plastered walls in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hope someone can help
Iam going to start a bathroom project
Newbie at tile
I've brough 10mm 600x300 Porcelain Tiles
What https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and primer will I need to buy ??
They will be going onto a plastered Wall
Thankyou

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Check the weight before you go any further, 10mm porcelain might be to heavy for a plastered wall. The weight limit for plaster is 20kg per M2. You also need to include the weight of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout in those calculations normally 2-3kg.

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
Some options are -
1) Change tiles for something lighter.
2) Remove existing and replace with plasterboard/tile board. Plasterboard holds upto 32kg per M2, tile boards hold even more. Think about the wet areas, plaster and plasterboard don't like getting wet.
3) Leave existing in situ and overlay it with a 6mm tile board glued and screwed/washers to existing studs.

B

BDW317

I am in the same situation, have purchased 600x300 porcelain tiles but I have solid walls. Will the same weight restrictions (20KG per M2) apply to my solid plastered walls? Thanks

Reply to Adhesive for 600x300 porcelain tiles on plastered walls in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock