Discuss Adding Bal GT1 to Mapei Ultracolour Plus Anthracite ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tony Cooper

Hi Lads,

Anyone had any problems adding Bal GT1 Admix to Mapei grout ?

Got a job next week labour only, customer bought all the gear from Tile Giant, 5m2 of mosaics for a kitchen splashback then 15m2 of 600 x 300 Jakarta polished porcelain on the floor. Mapei ultracolour plus anthracite grout for both.

Hate using Anthracite (it's a nightmare!) so wanted to try and make it a bit more pliable/flexible to use by adding the GT1 as I normally use Bal grout and never had any problems adding it. Just wanted to check that there'll be no issues with mixing a product by one manufacturer with another one, if you get my drift.

Also, fitted Jakarta 600 x 600 polished porcelain in the past and been told by Tile Giant they don't need sealing. But this customer has been told they do need sealing and sold them LTP sealer. What do you reckon ?

Cheers,

Tony

B

bugs183

Don't do it!!!!!!!
Never mix manufacturers adhesives etc, plus adding GT! is going to make any dark grout a piggin nightmare.
Mapei grout is not as bad as people make out, add the specified amount of water to the bag, mechanically mix, it will seem really stiff.
Leave for a few minutes then mix again, the polymers willl slacken in the grout and it will be easier to use.

O

On one

You can't add anything extra to UCP anyway it is all ready maxed out with additives.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
gt1 is to be added to non flexible grout so dont add it to flexible mapei grout

you hate using anthracite ? i assume because of the colour? so what is gt1 going to change

T

Tony Cooper

Thanks Lads, thought that would be the case about not mixing different suppliers gear.

Reply to Adding Bal GT1 to Mapei Ultracolour Plus Anthracite ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22