Search the forum,

Discuss 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kendo1

That would work. Quite deep when you add it all together including adhesive and tile.
You realise the amount of work involved, and it would be cheaper and less labour intensive using a worktop?

I'm still trying to put you off! :)

You need to seal the underside of the ply.

Shultzy

TF
Reaction score
I think about 51mm.

"You need to seal the underside of the ply." with what and why?

"it would be cheaper and less labour intensive using a worktop" you mean the normal formica covered chipboard!

K

kendo1

Look at the recommendations of the adhesive you will be using. It should mention a primer or sealer. The ply expands and contracts with moisture, so stop the moisture getting to the underside and sides of the ply. You normally don't seal the top surface as the adhesive does not adhere as well.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
there are thousands of tilers on this forum, and i bet not 1 as a tiled work surface
simple answer its not that practical imo

Reply to 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen