Discuss 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

kendo1

Why does Stephen Hawking have to wear glasses?

Surely they can just upgrade his graphics card.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Shultzy I'm just on process of designing my own bathroom and having a cabinet built and topped with this product. Not got a quote yet but the supplier has told me its much cheaper than corian. Maybe worth a look.

Gallery

K

kendo1

I have never used epoxy grout, but I would assume that it would be the best material for the wood/tile join. Glue and pin the edging timber to the work surface and fill the top join with the epoxy grout.

I am trying to be helpful.

J

jay

Epoxy grout is not flexible best to use silicone were tiles meet timber

(that bettera Ken )

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kendo1

:)
Sky news: The Chilean miners will be fitted with special glasses to shield their eyes from the sun after their long time spent in the darkness

Glasses that protect your eyes from the sun, what could you possibly call them...

M

mbcmultitrade

I am a kitchen and bathroom fitter, and from my experience, porcelain is the most likely to get damaged or stained, compared with granite, corian and eco. Tiles are for floors. I'd stay well clear of fitting tiles onto worktops #openingawholecanofworms

K

kendo1

Hm.
Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days. Eventually, Archangel Michael found him on the seventh day resting. He enquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God pointed down through the clouds. "Look Michael, look what I've made," said God.

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing down to different parts of the Earth,

"For example, North America will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while South America is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot, and Russia will be a cold spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people." God continued, pointing to the different countries, "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to another area of land and asked, "What's that?"

"Ah," said God. "That's the Scotland, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful people, and many impressive cities; it is the home of the world's finest artists, musicians, writers, thinkers, explorers and politicians. The people from the Scotland are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard-working and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as speakers of truth."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about balance God, you said there will be BALANCE!"

God replied very wisely, "Wait till you see the bunch of tossers I'm putting down South."

Reply to 600 x 600 Porcelain tiles on a worktop in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks