Discuss 46m2 indoor & 40m2 outdoor 60 x 60 porcelain floor tiles Wargrave RG10 8 October in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I would like to know the approximate cost of labour for laying 60cm x 60cm porcelain floor tiles. This is in a large self build house.
Floor details:
Indoor lounge area of 46m2. Floor is anhydrite screed with low temperature underfloor heating. Both laid >2 years ago. The laitance will have been sanded off. The floor will have been given 2 coats of primer (NOT PVA).
The external wall of the room is a shallow curve of 10 x 1m glass panels. 3 indoor walls to have skirtings from cut tiles.
Adjoining outdoor deck area of 40m2. Finish is traditional screed which has been sealed with 2 coats of SBR.
Scope of work details:
All other 2nd fix work has been done on a DIY basis; so I need to know someone good who would be interested to do this job and who would give me an honest rate for the work.
If I decide to go ahead then I would agree the approach to the additional materials. l can get adhesive and grout at trade rates (due to the volume of other tiling in the property).

I am happy to answer any questions online or by message and happy to provide plan views and photos.
Frances

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Frances,

That sounds like a really lovely job. Thanks for posting it here.

You can message Frances by clicking here: http://www.tilersforums.com/conversations/add?to=frances.inglis

Please don't provide prices in public forums.

Frances, ask all enquiries to see references or past jobs that are similar (photo's off, spec etc) and don't just go for the cheapest tiler.

I'm imagining you're going to need an anti-crack matting like Dural C++ or something. But you might be alright as the tiles are porcelain and the screed has been down a couple of years.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't quote in threads please people. Prices vary from area to area and a lot of people take it as a given that a price is a price no matter where you are.

S

Spare Tool

£<price removed> sqm
HOW MUCH...zoinks!! You'd be twiddling your thumbs all week in Burnley at those rates :) i shall be pinning this to the start page on my phone, when customers question my prices ill pull out this trump card ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's reading though, not far from Central London. And that's why we don't quote prices in public forums! People take them as a given. Imagine if you said £25per square meter and then the customer doesn't accept anything above that, and gets a wet lettuce as a tiler who destroys the job, because the going rate down there is 50 or whatever?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You can always get the customer to PM me lol - I'll confirm it said £450 - £5000 per meter for you.
You go in at about £2200 we should be laughing. I want 10% please. I'll even come and help and make brews for that.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well done quote me then lol that was a pure example. Might be more than 5000 a square meter.

Reply to 46m2 indoor & 40m2 outdoor 60 x 60 porcelain floor tiles Wargrave RG10 8 October in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks