Discuss 3D PORCELLANOSA TILES in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

joriginaloak

Evening guys. I have some donated porcelanosa 3d oxo line blanco tiles which are quite large and I wish to finally put up on my living room wall. They should be butt fixed in order to maintain the flawless 3d pattern but all the forums say this shouldn't be the case? Which adhesive do I need to create this flawless look...someone said mapei one flex??? Also would I be better applying them to a sheet of ply fixed to the wall rather than directly applying them to a standard plastered emulsion walls? Genuine novice DIY GUY looking for some professional advice. I've attached a pic of the tile for you to see the 3d wave effect with dimensions etc. Really would like some guidance on this if you would be so kind.

porcelanosa.jpg

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
1mm joint should give you a bit of play, should you need it. You will need to be fairly accurate with your cuts having said that. Personally I would grout it white, would help blend in with the 'wavey' effect. Only thing with butt jointing is you need to be 100% bang on. Even a little off would see the wave patterns not lining up and potentially ruining the effect.

You have said the tiles are quite large so I would recommend powdered cement based adhesive bal, mapei etc. Slow set will be the best bet as you are tiling walls.

D

Dumbo

No less than 2mm joint and mechanically fix tile backer board to wall prior to tiling . Definitely not ply.

Reply to 3D PORCELLANOSA TILES in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks