Search the forum,

Discuss Would you fix thin tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

there is a bit of a debate going on in the tiling world...........and I was wondering.....if you had the chance......... WOULD YOU FIX PORCELAIN LAMINA?........i.e 1200x600x4.8mm.......
do you have the gear to do it?...cutters etc?
would you buy the gear?...to win the job?........
do you think they are unsuitable?

let me know your thoughts!

Lee

Q

Qwerty

I would gladly fit them, and would happily buy a new 1200 cutter. I haven't got an issue with the thickness as the correct fixing method would ensure its robustness and longevity. Nice topic lee

W

White Room

Good post Lee, If that is what the customer wants then I'd go for it and buy the tools....

D

DHTiling

Tiles are tiles .. i have the cutter (Sigma) and why would i not fix them ... one is a tiler and tilers fix tiles :)

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i would like to contrbute to this but i think my best cotrbution would be to listern and learn

P

Protilers

So...so far we have a general scope of professional tilers and some don't yet have the equipment but are willing to invest in new equipment.......but all are willing.......sooooooooo......
I have to ask.........if you got the job and had the gear to do it... would you be scared of doing a wet room envelope?.....after all they are thin!............

Reply to Would you fix thin tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen