Search the forum,

Discuss White grout on floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonty

Wanted to use white grout on a black and white tile chequered pattern on a garage floor but was told to use grey because the white would get dirty- dont think it will look as good with grey grout- can i get white floor grout if so can it be sealed? thanks

M

MICK the Tiler

You'll regret using white in the long run It will still get dirty even if it is sealed. The grey is by far the best choice and will look way better for longer,:thumbsup:

Here's a pic of something tricky in black and white check on a garage floor with grey grout. I will change you mind about using white let me tell Ya!!

Attachments

• Racing-Flag-resized.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:
J

jonty

thanks for info, nice pic the grey looks good, will go with the grey. New to tiling have never done a garage floor before i take it i only tile up to the rolling door not underneath it? at the door at the edge of the tiles do i put trim?

S

sWe

If you use white grout on black and white chequered patterns, not only will the grout look dodgy from dirt pretty soon, it might also have an "enlarging" effect the white tiles, making the tiles look unevenly sized.

I recently did a wall with a white and gray chequered pattern as a mid wall border. The grout matched the gray tiles, and it looked like ****.

D

davy_G

Im afraid I agree with the other posters, grey all the way for all floors, especially a garage one that wet feet and tryes will be over!

White will end up grey in places no matter how well its sealed, so you may as well cut to the chase and do it all grey!

D

DHTiling

Another option is to use a black grout...this will look good against the white and blend back with the black...making the pattern stand out more...........:thumbsup:

S

sWe

Another option is to use a black grout...this will look good against the white and blend back with the black...making the pattern stand out more...........:thumbsup:

Yeh, the black will come straight at you and punch ya in the gob; that's how much it'll stand out :thumbsup:

I guess it's a matter of preference. It might have something to do with my astigmatism, but I don't like the effect of matching grout color to one of two or more contrasting colors on the same surface.

T

tfs

Hi mate,

A trim might be a good idea if some form of weather bar is not required.

Have a look on the gradus website to get a good idea of the various profiles available. If you choose to use one of there products you can get them ordered via a tile distributer.
----
here is the link

http://www.gradusworld.com/product-categories.asp?MyMenu=Accessories.gif&categoryid=66
----
also, unless the garage is already watertight via the ground you may need to cut out a channel just before the entrance, to the extent that it provides adequate drainage and not allowing any water to get through.

E

eyebeetiling

Here's a pic of something tricky in black and white check on a garage floor with grey grout. I will change you mind about using white let me tell Ya!![/quote]

Like the flag, how did you cut the curves so neatly?

Grey grey grey all the way way way!

Reply to White grout on floor? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen