Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss which way to tile concrete floor with ufh in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

crows foot

hello there.

i'd like to get my lounge diner and hall tiled with ufh

for some reason the concrete floor is quite high to the patio doors and back door so i don't really have room for insulation board, i would like to use a product called ditra matting as the concrete floor has some cracks and also has a high point of 15mm

is the best way to lay the ufh with ditra on top then adhesive and tile or do i need to adhere the ufh and or the ditra matting?

some advise would be much appreciated

just to say i will not be carrying the work out but will be asking for quotes, thats to put your mind at ease :smilewinkgrin:

regards mr foot

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
you can get insulation boards as thin as 4mm. (warmup) with a concrete floor you really would need some form of insulation.

T

TJ Smiler

Yeah insulation boards are definitely recommended here, you dont want to be loosing a load of your heat downwards

U

Uheat - Keith

This is the normal make we always say for our products.

Elektra MD160 (160w/m2) or MD200 (200w/m2) Underfloor Heating Mat.
Best method for installing onto insulation boards where the floor finish is to be Tiles / Slate / Stone / Marble / Porcelain etc.
6mm insulation board will need an overall extra spare depth of 8mm: 6mm board with 2mm powdered flexible tile adhesive under the boards to fix.
After the Electric Mats are installed, a powdered flexible self-levelling compound is used to cover the underfloor heating to cover. (5mm good)
A powdered flexible tile adhesive is used to fix the floor finish. (at x mm + tile depth)

Warm regards,

T

TJ Smiler

This is the normal make we always say for our products.

Elektra MD160 (160w/m2) or MD200 (200w/m2) Underfloor Heating Mat.
Best method for installing onto insulation boards where the floor finish is to be Tiles / Slate / Stone / Marble / Porcelain etc.
6mm insulation board will need an overall extra spare depth of 8mm: 6mm board with 2mm powdered flexible tile adhesive under the boards to fix.
After the Electric Mats are installed, a powdered flexible self-levelling compound is used to cover the underfloor heating to cover. (5mm good)
A powdered flexible tile adhesive is used to fix the floor finish. (at x mm + tile depth)

Warm regards,

Hi Keith, i have a floor with UFH coming up soon. I was going to use a 6mm Marmox or Wedi type board as the insulation. Is this method not essential as i'm wondering if there is a cheaper option i could use ie: Ekoboard.

The current substrate is concrete and sand/cement, because of height restrictions the boards have to be 6mm maximum.

Thank you mate
Toby

U

Uheat - Keith

Good morning,
Yes, on concrete, screed etc, Ekoboards are the way to go.
Same installation as construction boards.
We stock both types of boards in the 6mm, as well as 10mm and 20mm in both. By far lots more Ekoboard stocked & sold.
Small technical web site for the Ekoboards - ekoboard co uk etc.

Warm regards, Keith

T

TJ Smiler

Thanks very much mate...... I have got so used to using construction boards on 'wooden' floors that i forgot all about insulation boards on solid floors! Well pleased :thumbsup:. I'll check out your website. Do you deliver?

U

Uheat - Keith

Delivery no problem.
Couriers call into us everyday for nationwide delivery.
6mm, 10mm & 20mm: always keep over 100 of each of the 3 sizes here at all times.

T

TJ Smiler

Ok mate, nice one and thank you. did just look at the website, i'll give you a call soon.

Reply to which way to tile concrete floor with ufh in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks