Search the forum,

Discuss Which way do you do it? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

Ditra works on the fact that the adhesive or slc if you wish, doesn't bond to the mat but is lock into it.
if you decide to use slc on top to level the floor or cover ufh wires you will exceed the max aloud, (10mm) between tile a membrane.
as most ufh wires required a 10mm slc over the top Ditra would not work.

S

Spare Tool

Ive just been to see a job in a house I did a floor for a month ago, porc planks on ci matt on 10mm Webber slc over ufh with 6mm ins boards underneath the lot, Webber grout cracking around one tile out of 25sqm....there was a hairline crack in base screed at that exact point, whole lot of levels to get through there but its found its way through, newbuild so think its just settlement, gonna regrout it and see what happens..

H

hmtiling

Ive just been to see a job in a house I did a floor for a month ago, porc planks on ci matt on 10mm Webber slc over ufh with 6mm ins boards underneath the lot, Webber grout cracking around one tile out of 25sqm....there was a hairline crack in base screed at that exact point, whole lot of levels to get through there but its found its way through, newbuild so think its just settlement, gonna regrout it and see what happens..
wow! the thermal boards and durabase didn't stop it. doesn't say much for durabase:eek:

S

Spare Tool

wow! the thermal boards and durabase didn't stop it. doesn't say much for durabase:eek:
I was shocked too...I'd only been to see about finishing their bathroom tiling off(the job with the stainless steel trim to remove) and she pulled me up on it..

D

Dumbo

Recommended 10mm of slc over ufh wires ? Not sure that's right
I don't see 10 mm over ufh as a problem providing you got correct smoothing compound. It doesn't self level. Decoupling membranes work better the closer you can get them to the tiles I've been told by schluter.

Reply to Which way do you do it? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen